Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Magic of Muffins

Happy Sunday to you!

What are Sundays like at your house?  Do you go to church?  Being Jewish, I have never been one to attend church, but I can sure appreciate the value in a spiritual peptalk once in a while.  For me, if I find I am in need of some spiritual advice I can turn to the many books I have on spirituality or turn to the internet.  There are virtual churches and synogogues and what not, if you know what you're looking for.  While I haven't really felt the need to step my virtual foot into such places lately, just knowing that they're out there if I needed one, is enough for me.  I do OK I guess.  I'm basically a happy person and like to think that I am a spirtual person.  I think of, and talk to God a lot.  I even listen and sometimes get answers to the important questions that plaque my dreams once in a while...

But, today was just an ordinary day here.  Foggy out and cool, a typical January day here in the Ozarks.  I woke up to the cries of both my kitties begging for breakfast and got up to feed them to find they already had food on their plates - food that they just didn't like, and they were wanting something else.  I grumbled at them and considered returning to bed, but decided to make muffins for Ginny and me instead.

Sunday mornings are good for making waffles, pancakes, french toast or muffins at my house.  I like to treat Ginny to something special, but here lately she's been favoring muffins.  Good thing those are easy to make.  I buy the mixes where all you have to do is add 1/2 cup of milk, stir it up and pour into the muffin pan.  Easy as pie.  Easier than pie, actually.

Since my non-stick muffin pan is not really non-sticking, I have come to start using paper muffin cups.  That at least makes cleaning the pan much easier, but really, it's still cumbersome to eat the muffins.  The muffins always stick to the paper.  But, this morning, it hit me:  What if someone invented edible muffin cups?  Wouldn't that be da bomb?  I would so buy those!  LOL!

I sat there, considering the awesomeness of such a thing as I devoured my blueberry cheesecake muffins in pure bliss.  I knew, just by eating those muffins, that my day was going to go much better just because they were so good.

It's not a particularly spectacular day, but it sure isn't bad, either.  Thank God for muffins.

Debby

No comments:

Post a Comment