Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Land of Oz

Oh my!  Has it been that long?  I'm sorry...  I just fell off the face of the earth it seems...

Well, I'm here.  Short on time and long on projects as usual.  Up until last weekend, things truly were in a whirlwind--almost to tornado status--as I was trying to prepare for a needlework retreat in Heber Springs.  This was my first time teaching at this retreat and I had a wonderful time.  All of the ladies were really fun and lively, and I enjoyed listening to their stories.  Many of them have built long-lasting friendships of over twenty years and it was obvious by the way they were so relaxed and jovial with each other.

My classs went well, but this group had a way of striking off to do their own thing.  I think I only had one student that followed directions!  That was fine with me, as long as they didn't blame me if their project didn't quite come out the way they wanted.  They were all very gracious about it and seemed to enjoy taking my classes.

Next up is a polymer clay bead and macrame jewelry class next Saturday here in Clarksville.  I'm pretty much already prepared for that, but I may want to refresh my macrame skills sometime during the week...

Then, two weeks after that is a Blooms and Blues show in Altus, with two more shows coming up in May.  I will be doing the American Gem Show in Memphis with my show buddy Sharon Stoffel the weekend of the 15th and the weekend after that, we expect to be at the Plum Nellie Arts and Craft Show in Branson.  I am still waiting on confirmation from the promotor on that one.

So my crazy world continues to revolve around like some whirling tornado...

Still looking for that yellow brick road...

No comments:

Post a Comment